Colorado Horse Rescue works hard to help horses and horse owners in need of assistance through two major pathways.
- CHR’s Surrender Program is designed to help responsible horse owners who have run into a long-term life changing situation, resulting in their inability to provide continued to care for their equine friend. Generally, these owners are facing issues such as the death of a spouse, chronic debilitating medical problem, loss of home, or other catastrophic event.
- If you have found yourself in a difficult position, we encourage you to fill out a Surrender Application with CHR. This is the first step in the process.
- We cannot guarantee the acceptance of all horses in need of homes, as our facility is always running at or near full capacity. Each surrender is considered on a case-by-case basis and we accept horses as possible.
- Submit an online Surrender Application now.
- Online forms not for you? Download a Surrender Application to print and mail today.
Equine Crisis Assistance Program
- Are you a devoted horse owner suffering from a temporary financial hardship due to the loss of a job, short-term illness or injury, or other minor set- back in your life? If this burden is affecting your ability to care properly for your horse, CHR may be able to help.
- If you are out of financial options, please consider filling out an Equine Crisis Assistance Application with CHR. If you qualify for the program, you may be eligible for modest, short-term financial assistance that can be directed towards the day-to-day feeding and care of your equine friend while you focus on getting back on your feet.
- Qualifying applicants must agree to periodic site visits so we can see that the horse has stayed in its home.
- All relief funds will be sent directly to the service provider; no funds will be forwarded to the horse owner.
- Submit an online Equine Crisis Assistance Application now.
- Online forms not for you? Download an Equine Crisis Assistance Application to print and mail today.