Throughout the year, Colorado Horse Rescue hosts fun and exciting events for all ages. We also offer a variety of educational classes and clinics for equine enthusiasts. Timing can vary from an afternoon or evening session, to a full weekend of hands-on horse activities. Please note that space is limited for most events and clinics. Refunds are considered on a case-by-case basis.
For classes that involve hands-on work with horses, there may be an option to bring your own horse if you register as a participant. This is dependent upon space availability, requires proof of a negative Coggins and a health certificate, and may include additional fees for boarding. Please contact CHR to make arrangements.
10am - 4pm
CHR's Summer Open House
Bring the whole family and enjoy and day of fun at CHR! Meet horses, tour the Rescue, watch riding demonstrations and shop our fabulous gift shop and thrift store. We will also be hosting a special ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate our brand new indoor riding arena.
Schedule of events
- 10am – Training Demonstration
- 12pm – Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Indoor Arena
- 1pm – Adoptable Horses Showcase
- 2:30pm – Training Demonstration
This is a FREE event!
10386 N 65th St
Longmont, CO 80503
Upcoming Education: Classes and Clinics
9am - 12pm OR
1 - 4pm at CHR
$15 to audit
Building Leadership Hoof to Hand
Part 3 of 3: Understanding the Horse Series
Building leadership is all our horses want out of us as their human caretakers. It is our responsibility to be the best leaders we can be for them. In this exciting, interactive groundwork clinic, learn what it takes to give your horse exactly what he needs. Have a difficult horse you feel you just can’t connect with, or a specific behavioral issue you would like to work through? Tough to trailer, bolts under saddle, naughty behavior on the ground, disrespectful? Almost all problems, even those in the saddle, can be solved on the ground first. This clinic will allow you to redefine your relationship with your horse, build his trust, and strengthen your leadership skills. We encourage you to bring your own horse to the clinic so that we can work on your specific needs together. Don’t have a horse? No problem, CHR can provide you with an equine partner so you can start by learning what it takes to be a positive leader.
2 duplicate sessions will be hosted; participation space has SOLD OUT! Auditors are still welcome to register.
All horses outside of CHR are required to have updated vaccination records and a negative Coggins within the last 12 months.
10386 N 65th St
Longmont, CO 80503
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes, but you must contact Sarah at (720) 494-1414 x 2205 or email@example.com BEFORE you register. You also must bring a copy of a negative Coggins from within the last 12 months.
- Yes, there is a $25 fee to borrow a horse.
- We ask auditors to bring a portable chair, and dress to be outside (this could include a hat, sunscreen, water bottle, or snack).
- It depends on the type of clinic. Clinics that involve handling horses are generally held outdoors. Some clinics are more of a lecture format and are held indoors.
- CHR does not offer refunds, except in case of emergency. We do offer refunds if WE cancel a clinic. These are the options:
- You can donate the amount to CHR
- You can use that amount as a credit toward a future clinic
- You can get a full refund if applicable
- Auditors are welcome to come for as little or as long as they choose.
- We have an air conditioned/heated office with a bathroom, water fountain, and small kitchen. The kitchen has a microwave, refrigerator/freezer and an electric kettle.
- We ask that you leave your pets at home when attending a clinic.