Group Volunteer Opportunities
What does a group volunteer day at CHR look like?
- Colorado Horse Rescue (CHR) boasts a 50 acre ranch, housing 60 horses that are being evaluated, trained, and placed into loving homes. A group volunteer experience at CHR begins with an hour-long tour to give volunteers a view into our operations and share the importance of our mission with participants. We conclude the tour by taking a group picture with a horse which will be shared on our social media.
- Service projects take place over a 4-hour period between the hours of 8am and 4pm (3 hours of service work plus the 1-hour tour). Projects range from painting, building or repairing fencing, constructing or revamping obstacles for our equine obstacle course, organization of equine tack and equipment, or helping with property maintenance like mowing, weeding, or tree trimming, to any other facility-related projects. Please note, the majority of our volunteering projects are physically demanding so please consider your group’s overall ability and health before scheduling.
- Due to hosting corporate volunteer groups weekly throughout the summer along with certain projects being weather dependent, we will not know the exact projects needing your support until the week you are scheduled to arrive.
How do we sign up?
- To ensure a fulfilling day of service for your group, please submit the application below at least 6 weeks in advance of your group’s desired date.
- We require a minimum 8 people to host a group volunteer day.
- To host a day of service at CHR, please provide a $400.00 donation. Your group’s gift supports our mission by providing the supplies and project materials required for your work day as well as staffing for the event.
- If your team is searching for a unique and effective team building experience, check out Leadchange Colorado. Colorado Horse Rescue’s LeadChange program provides groups the opportunity to work directly with our breathtaking CHR horses. All exercises take place on the ground and are specifically designed to promote communication, problem-solving skills, innovation, and as a result increase performance. Each session is individually tailored to achieve your company’s specific objectives. Come experience the beauty of the CHR Ranch and see the business impact that LeadChange can make for your organization.